Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fight Idiocracy!

Dear Society,

Have you seen the Mike Judge film, Idiocracy?  Did it scare you at least a *little* bit?  No?  Then please stop reading this message and go do a little personal research on vasectomies and tubal ligation.  I know, those are big words.  Copy and paste them in a Google search.  Planned Parenthood might also be able to hook you up.  Go, now.  Ha!  Who am I kidding?  If you saw that movie and it didn't scare you at least a *little* bit, you probably can't even read anyway. :P

Now, If that movie scared you on any level ranging from "Eh, it could happen, though certainly not in my lifetime!" to "I HAVE SEEN THE DOCUMENTARY OF THE FUTURE!  GET ME OFF OF THIS PLANET!", then I have something you can do to fight the good fight.  No, it doesn't require you to go pop out a kid with an intelligent human being.  It's much simpler than that!

Take a look!  It's in a book!  Oh, yes!  You know what I am talking about!  Donate to bringing back one of the best programs to ever grace your television set during your youth - Reading Rainbow!  LeVar Burton wants to bring it to the web, and subsequently, the classrooms.  He has launched a Kickstarter campaign, and needs your help to make this happen.

Bottom line, if you want to fight Idiocracy then you NEED to see this project happen!  The goal is set at $1,000,000, but I'd like to see it go twice as high!  (did you see what I did there?)

We have to teach children that books are awesome and will improve their lives!

Sincerely,
"Carol"

Just call me "Carol."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh

No comments:

Post a Comment