Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hindsight is 20/20 Vision

The older I get, the more I reflect on life.  I evolve.  I sharpen myself.  I give life my best.

Want to know a little secret about me?  Psst, come closer, and I'll tell you.  I don't have all the answers.

Yes, folks, like you, I'm imperfect.  I've made my fair share of mistakes.  I am not going to sit here and pretend to be an expert on life at the ripe old age of *cough*.  I don't know all the right answers, but I generally know how to recognize a good portion of the wrong answers.

In this little thing called "life" I've had my ups and downs just like everyone else who has ever existed on the planet.  I've tried to maintain a good perspective.  I've tried to maintain a good balance.  I've tried to surround myself with good people.  I've been honest.  I've stood up for myself.  I've tried to make good decisions.  I've tried to say and do the right things.  I've tried to live my life with minimal regrets.  I've tried to be good to people who did and did not deserve it.  I've tried to help others when and where I could.

The thing is, I would give just about anything to help prevent someone - anyone, but especially my future children - from repeating some of the mistakes I've made.  At the same time, I respect everyone's own autonomy, free will, and freedom to make their own mistakes (and hopefully learn from them).

Occasionally, I write little pieces of advice down and share them with my friends.  My friends frequently tell me "You always know the right thing to say, and you always know how to make me laugh when you do it!"  I have decided that I should start putting these things out there on a little blog.  My friends also keep telling me I should publish my writing pieces, so I'm doing it through this little forum.

Do what you will with it.  Share it if you'd like.  Tell me if you enjoyed it.  Let it inspire you, even if it's only the shortest little phrase that you needed to hear at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment